The club flies a Piper Cherokee PA-28-235 with the following equipment:
- Useful Load : 1,279 Lbs
- Full IFR Certified
- Factory Rebuilt (zero-time) Engine installed May, 2021
- Garmin GNS 430W WAAS GPS Nav/Com
- Garmin GTX 345 ADS-B In/Out Transponder
- Garmin GMA 350C Audio Panel
- King KX-155 Nav/Com
- Dual King KI-209 VOR/LOC/GS
- Autocontrol IIIb Single Axis Autopilot w/ Radio Coupler (will track GPS course)
- JPI EDM 830 Graphical Engine Analyzer w/ Fuel Flow
- 4-place Intercom
- 84-gallon fuel tanks
- Electric Trim
- Low Vacuum warning light
- 406 ELT
- Dynon D3 backup AHRS
- Electric AI
- Hardwired Stratus USB power ports
- Knots2U speed mods installed: wing root fairings, flap and aileron gap seal fairings, wheel pant fairings, flap hinge fairings
- Lightweight starter
- New leather interior (2019), including sound dampening insulation, door seals, headliner, carpet and wall panels
- Whelen LED's all around: beacon, position lights, strobes, and landing light
- Access to passenger headsets.
- Access to Arctic Air portable AC system.
- T-hangared at KEDC, with full amenities.
- The GTX 345 will send Bluetooth AHRS, WAAS, Weather, Traffic, etc, to your iPad via Garmin Pilot or ForeFlight.
- International-travel friendly club.
This is a great machine for both local and cross country flights!
Our Club operates on a hybrid wet/dry billing system. We bill $40 per tach hour to cover maintenance items, engine reserve, and general operating expenses. We put all fuel purchases on a Club credit card and then divide all fuel dollars spent each billing period by the tach hours logged. When added to the dry rate this gives us our wet rate, which varies based on fuel pricing and Club flying habits. This practice encourages mindful engine management habits, including leaning and RPM setting. Operating costs can be improved by purchasing less expensive fuel when able, using appropriate leaning techniques, and setting cruise RPM to 2100.
Hourly cost for the Piper is around $110/hr Tach wet (@ $7/gal prevailing fuel prices). This is comparable to around $100/hr Hobbs.
Monthly Dues are $228.00.
Dues cover fixed costs which include the hangar, insurance, loan payment for the new engine, annual inspection, and GPS database updates.